Perspective

by JP on June 29, 2011

image

As cheek met pillow last night I couldn’t help bit continue the reflectio

ns of the last few weeks. Yesterday we celebrated the 5th birthday of Lil D. My little bud is growing up so darned fast. People told me a long time ago that I should enjoy every minute because it goes quick. To be honest it goes quicker than anybody tells ya.

My thoughts led me back to his birth. I can remember looking into a mirror in the delivery room. The disappointment in my appearance and transformation was quickly pushed to the side by the emotion of welcoming my child. Over my wife’s pregnancy I gained 80 pounds. A baggy xxl coat was unable to button at the time he was born.

Then in my funk here I thought about the fact that my lovely wife is currently 19 weeks. My belt loop hasn’t moved. The good way or the bad way. I’m much more comfortable with the Guy looking at me in the mirror.

Its not usually hard for me to find some perspective. The last few weeks have been though. I feel better thinking about my stall/funk/plateau in terms of last time. I’ve learned a little bit about a little bit since then.

So happy birthday D. Though i tell you everyday, you mean more to me than you’ll likely ever understand. That is until you have one of your own.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Liz June 29, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Happy Birthday Little D! You’ve got a great dad and are pretty great yourself!

FatAngryBlog aka Cara-Mae June 29, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Awwwww Happy Bday to Little D!!!

:>

What a cutie!

And good work on not gaining weight this time around! So what’s the due date of the new baby-to-be?

Michelle June 29, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Aw JP, happy birthday to Little D, congratulations on the new growing addition and you’ll get back to what you know is good for you. Sometimes life takes over and priorities change. Make small changes that you can fit in easily right now and those will add up.

Kris June 30, 2011 at 3:34 am

awww little beldar is growing so fast! Happy Birthday Little D, :P

I miss you JP! Glad to hear things are still status quo.

Sabrina June 30, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Yes, Happy Belated Birthday to the little man!

Missed you in blog land, but glad you are still hanging tough!

Momma Hunt June 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Well first and foremost happy birthday to your not so little man. Mine turned 4 at the end of May and I haven’t recovered yet. Glad you are back in blog land…although I stalk (I mean follow) on twitter. Also, did not know your wife was expecting. So excited for you and the family what a great thing to look forward to!

Phoebe June 30, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Happy Birthday Lil D!! :)

Biz July 1, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Happy Birthday to your little boy – I know, no one tells you how fast it goes by – my daughter is 19 already :(

I have to make a date to see her she’s so busy with work, babysitting and hanging out with her friends – Wednesday is Hanging with Hannah night and its my favorite night of the week! :D

Misty @ Life Off the D List! July 4, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Its amazing how fast it goes…I cant believe in a few short weeks mine will be 10!!!