The Hotness

by JP on July 6, 2011

Still waiting to sign up for a race here in priorfatland. I have a couple in sight for the month of August, but weather is scaring me off a bit. I am a spring and fall kind of guy. The fact that I suffer through days outside at work lead me

to seek AC for long periods of time when not working.

The baseball practice with lil D isn’t exactly a good workout. My goal for the rest of the week is at least a mile walk each night. I messed around with mapmyrun and have a course mapped out. I have one month till I step up as best man at my friends wedding. Pardon me while I toss this muffin in the garbage.

In other news my wife had her 19 week ultrasound this past Friday. There is infact a baby in there, and its a healthy little one. After following my blogging buddy Fatlittlelegs’ pregnancy it’s all I hope for. I’ve had nightmares, and we peppered the ultrasound tech with questions. My heart goes out to anybody who has to deal with unknowns and pregnancy. The fact that you can see so much more these days is almost worse. You can see enough to be worried but not enough to know for sure. So the health is there and its all I asked for. We did find out the sex, but that’s one thing we will be keeping private. . . For now.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Becky July 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Congrats on having a healthy little one on the way! I’ve been reading Fatlittleleg’s blog as well, and it truly is a reminder to focus on the many blessings we are so lucky to have.

Liz July 6, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Hooray for a healthy pregnancy. Those are wonderful things. Good for you for staying active. I admit I’m a spring fall person myself, at least when it comes to outdoor exercise. I’d happily run one with you in Sept – then I have someone to trail again :)

Carrie @ No More Tomorrows July 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm

As someone who has experienced the tragic side of pregnancy firsthand, I know the fear that can surround it. It has also made me get emotionally attached to any woman who I know is pregnant, even if I don’t know her. I’m very happy that all looks well with your new little one. What a blessing.

Keep fighting for your health. And good luck on finding your next race.

Misty @ Life Off the D List! July 6, 2011 at 3:16 pm

So glad to hear she is doing well with the pregnancy !

You can do this JP log those miles!

Sarah @ FatLittleLegs July 6, 2011 at 4:58 pm

So glad everything is good… it usually is. I’m the exception and believe me, if there was something wrong you’d know b/c people go into a different mode pretty quickly in the u/s room. It is not a scene I desire to ever see again. Can’t wait to find out the gender :-)

I’m a spring/fall person when it comes to running as well. My favorite race last year that I did was the Great Prostate Cancer Challenge at Lake Nokomis on Sept 25th. Hey… they serve Fat Lorenzo’s pizza afterwards. How bad can that be?

Annie July 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Congrats with the baby!!!! i just caught it in your last mention. I guess I missed the announcement. I love beautiful babies. Best wishes to you and your wife!

Jenn July 6, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I can sense your stress through your words. You do have a lot on your plate right now (well, hopefully not literally, it’s 11:00 at night, man)… but, rather, you have a lot on your MENTAL plate. I am so excited and relieved to hear that the baby is doing so well. November isn’t far away, use this as motivation. The best thing for that little soul is to have YOU healthy and ready to run with the added fatherly responsibilities you’ll have. The fitter you are, the less you’ll stress. You know this. I’m open to meeting you at Anytime so you can run on the treadmill next to me. I need someone to kick my ass until I have the guts to attempt a trot. (((Bear hugs!)))

Jen, a priorfatgirl July 7, 2011 at 10:59 am

a baby
a baby
a baby
Can we call it a priorfatbaby? uh, not that it was every fat but because I want to adopt it already!

1 mile – every day this week. Do it or succumb to excuses. You have no reason not to. Activity will for now and forever be a part of your life. And, it is showing your son that it is a part of life.

GO GO GO